1. U.S. President Donald Trump and North Korea’s Kim Jong Un opened their second summit Wednesday with hopeful words and a private chat before sitting down for dinner and further talks about North Korea’s pursuit of nuclear weapons. Asked if this summit would yield a political declaration to end the Korean War, Trump said “We’ll see.” (PressHerald)
2. A plan to merge Portland and Deering high schools into one faced a lot of opposition Tuesday night. School officials say the proposal could save the city millions. The proposal would reconfigure elementary schools, close one middle school and save $2.8 million. The controversial part of the plan would turn either Deering or Portland High School into a junior high school. Despite the opposition, residents acknowledged these two high schools are not at full capacity. The Portland Board of Education says they’ll only consider this plan if the school district faces a major budget shortfall. (WGME)
3. The Transportation Committee of the Maine State Legislature discussed a bill Tuesday afternoon that would eliminate most current motor vehicle inspection rules. “It would allow personal vehicle owners, or non-commercial drivers, to no longer get vehicle inspections,” Rep. Richard Cebra (R) said. “Maine would join about 34 other states that have no sort of vehicle inspection.” (WGME)
4. Ogunquit Beach in Ogunquit, Maine was among the 25 best beaches in America, according to TripAdvisor’s 2019 Travelers’ Choice Awards for beaches. The travel website said the award winners were determined based on the quantity and quality of traveler reviews and bubble ratings for beaches on TripAdvisor, gathered over a 12-month period. Ogunquit Beach was the top-ranked beach in New England at No. 18. (WMTW)
5. Pokémon Day. This day commemorates the launch of the first Pokémon video games in 1996.
Made Hot in Maine by EZ Advocates! Looking to cancel your timeshare? Call 536 6956 to speak w/ a knowledgeable consumer advocate about your timeshare cancellation options.
EMMY® & Murrow Award-winning Chief Producer at WGME | “The Tom Brady of News”, Runner up in the portland phoenix’s best of portland 2018 twitter personality. Cousin to Frank The Barber @Newsprojoe