1. A new high-volume COVID-19 testing site opens today at the Cross Insurance Arena in Portland. An appointment is required to get tested and all slots for Wednesday were filled. Results from the tests will generally be available within two days.
2. Gov. Mills is activating up to an additional 169 members of the National Guard to help hospitals dealing with record COVID-19 hospitalizations. St. Mary’s in Lewiston is allowing COVID positive staff to report to work. They are assigned to a coronavirus ward and are fully covered in PPE.
3. The Portland School District is proposing a plan to combine Portland High School and Deering High schools. The two schools would be integrated into one state-funded facility with career, technical, and adult education.
4. It’s back!! Tuesday’s cold weather saw the return of the Westbrook ice disk formed on the Presumpscot River. Three years ago, a massive ice disk formed in the same spot on the river and received attention from around the world.
5. Bank of America is cutting their overdraft fee from $35 to $10. The move will start in May. Starting in February Bank of America also said it would eliminate insufficient funds fees starting in February. This means you won’t be on the hook for a bounced check.
Made Hot in Maine by Gold Rush Pawn! See Tejay and he’ll help you turn the Christmas gifts you didn’t want or need into CASH! Gold Rush for the good life, Main St, Sanford!