1. Mitch McConnell changed his own impeachment trial rules moments before Trump’s trial began. Trump’s defense insisted the President did nothing wrong, and claimed no new evidence or witnesses would be needed. The prosecution argued that Trump violated his oath of office, and asked for new evidence and witnesses to be admitted. The Senate approved the trial rules, which excluded new witnesses. (AP)
2. New numbers from Airbnb show the huge number of tourists coming to Maine. In just the busiest weekends last summer, people staying at Airbnbs spent more than $31 million in Maine. Airbnb says the busiest weekend of the summer was August 9-11. (WGME)
3. Dennis Coffey, a bartender from OOB, won his third consecutive “Jeopardy!” contest last night, a victory that put his total winnings at $51,203. He goes for win number 4 tonight at 7:30pm on WMTW. (PRESS HERALD)
4. The NFL announced Tuesday that it plans to experiment with an alternative to the onside kick during Sunday’s Pro Bowl. Teams that score will now have the option to take one more play on offense from their 25. If they gain 15 yards on that play they retain possession. Onside kicks are rarely recovered: only 7.7 percent were recovered in 2018. (ESPN)
5. Hot 1047 is now Hot Radio Maine. In addition to the new branding and broadcasting to southern Maine on 104.7, we can now be heard on 100.3 FM in Lewiston/Auburn and Brunswick and 102.9 FM in the Bangor/Brewer metro. (HOT RADIO MAINE)
5 Things You Need To Know is Made Hot in Maine by Key Ford of York! You need to know the best deals are at Key Ford!