1. A shooting in Portland’s Bayside neighborhood left a man with life-threatening injuries Tuesday night. The shooting took place during an altercation on Oxford Street near Elm Street just after 10:30 p.m., according to a statement from Portland police. A Portland police officer who was in the area of the Oxford Street Shelter saw the altercation and heard gunfire, the statement said. He ran to the area and administered first aid until the victim could be transported to Maine Medical Center. (PressHerald)
2. Thefts at the dealerships – Berlin City Toyota in Portland and Prime Honda in Saco – resulted in the loss of about $70,000 in wheels and tires, and thousands more in damage to the vehicles. The most recent theft occurred Sunday evening at Berlin City Toyota, which also sells Lexus vehicles. Thieves stole wheels from eight new Lexus vehicles and one Toyota. They also stole a 2019 Toyota Avalon. (PressHerald)
3. A proposal from the Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife would boost the number of “any deer” permits throughout Southern Maine. Biologists say due to an increase in deer population, they are recommending more permits in an effort to decrease lime disease, motor vehicle collisions, and bad meat. They’re recommending a little more than 85,000 “any deer” permits be issued for this fall’s hunting season. (WGME)
4. National Sunglasses Day. This day was created by The Vision Council and brings attention to the importance of UV eye protection in sunglasses.
5. Saturday, September 1 (Labor Day Weekend) Hot 104.7 & Grass Monkey Present another #HOTSHOW starring Lil Jon at the State Theatre. Tickets are ON SALE NOW. Charge by phone at 800-745-3000, in person at the Port City Music Hall box office Wednesday-Friday 10AM-5PM or online HERE
Made Hot in Maine by Job Corps! Job Corps offers housing and FREE career training classes to those who qualify!