1. Joe Biden defeated Bernie Sanders in Tuesday’s biggest primary contest in Michigan. Coupled with wins in Missouri, Idaho and Mississippi, Biden dealt a serious blow to Sanders’ candidacy. Former Democratic candidate Andrew Yang also endorsed Biden. In a speech Tuesday night, Biden told Sanders voters, “We share a common goal, and together we’ll beat Donald Trump.” (AP)
2. Next week kicks off spring break at the University of Southern Maine, a time when many students pack their bags and head out of town, even out of the country, but maybe not this year. The university will keep dorms and dining halls open to give students a place to stay during the break. All University of Maine schools are canceling university-sponsored travel. (WGME)
3. Portland Public Schools Superintendent issued a letter to faculty and other school officials this week, warning that concerns over the spread of the coronavirus, is leading to an increase in bullying and harassment in schools. The coronavirus has not yet been confirmed in Maine as of Tuesday evening. (WGME)
4. A medical research firm in the UK is looking for 24 volunteers to get a shot of coronavirus as part of their testing to develop a vaccine. They will pay you a cool $4,588 for your troubles. Those who participate in the experiment should expect to experience mild respiratory symptoms. You’ll also need to stay in quarantine for two weeks.(NY POST)
5. Hot 1047 is now Hot Radio Maine. In addition to the new branding and broadcasting to southern Maine on 104.7, we can now be heard on 100.3 FM in Lewiston/Auburn and Brunswick and 102.9 FM in the Bangor/Brewer metro.