1. Brian Laundrie’s family attorney announced that he died from a gunshot wound to the head. His death has been ruled a suicide. The news comes nearly five weeks after partial human remains of the 23-year-old fugitive were discovered.
2. The number of COVID-19 patients in critical care in Maine has increased by 25 just in the past four days, reaching a pandemic high of 96. Overall, 298 people are now hospitalized across the state, a record number for the sixth time in the last nine days.
3. After a hearing on Monday the Maine DEP suspended CMP’s permits to build its corridor project. Maine voters approved Question One calling on CMP to stop building the corridor project. The license is suspended unless a court allows for a preliminary injunction or allows the project to continue.
4. Tuesday, the Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife, in conjunction with the Maine CDC, issued a ‘do not eat advisory’ for deer harvested in parts of Central Maine. Deer feeding in these contaminated areas have ingested the chemicals, and now have PFAS in their meat and organs.
5. Hot Radio Maine partnered with Maine Credit Unions Campaign for Ending Hunger for our 9th annual TURKEY GIVEAWAY!! Yesterday in a little over 2 hours we gave away 120 turkeys on a first come, first serve basis at the WELLS IGA in the Wells Corner Shopping Center.
Made Hot in Maine by Gold Rush Pawn, Main St, Sanford! Got stuff you don’t need? Turn it into cash! Need stuff you don’t got? Pay less for it at Gold Rush! See Tejay, at Gold Rush Pawn!