1. President Trump says he’ll release the full transcript of his controversial phone call with Ukraine’s president today. Trump allegedly suggested that the Eastern European country investigate the foreign dealings of Joe Biden and his son, Hunter. Trump also reportedly withheld $400 in military aid to Ukraine until after his conversation with the country’s president. On Tuesday, Trump tweeted that the call was “friendly and totally appropriate” and that there was “no pressure” to investigate the Bidens. Meanwhile, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced the launch of a formal impeachment inquiry against Trump late Tuesday afternoon. (Washington Post)
2. Researchers have discovered a hidden continent on Earth. The continent is called Greater Adria. It’s the size of Greenland and it broke off from North Africa, only to be buried under Southern Europe about 140 million years ago. Greater Adria isn’t the first lost continent to be found. But if research in past years shows anything, it likely won’t be the last discovery. (CNN)
3. This morning, an astronaut from Maine will be heading into space. Dr. Jessica Meir is from Caribou. This will be her first journey to space. She will join several other crew members on the International Space Station. She will remain on board for about six months, running a number of experiments. You can watch the launch live on NASA TV. (WGME)
4. An Indiana mom charged with abandoning her adopted child claims that “child” is a 22-year-old scam artist with dwarfism who tried to kill her. Kristine Barnett says she and ex-husband Michael were told Natalia Grace was 6 years old when they adopted her from Ukraine in 2010. After adopting Natalia, Kristine caught her pouring chemicals into Kristine’s coffee, telling Kristine, “I am trying to poison you.” Barnett adds, “Natalia was a woman. She had periods. She had adult teeth.” The Barnetts now face charges for moving to Canada in 2013 and leaving Natalia behind in an apartment. (Daily Mail)
5. Hot 104.7 Presents Young Thug & MGK w/ YBN Nahmir Cross Insurance Arena in Portland on Saturday, October 12th. Buy your tickets HERE.
Made Hot in Maine by The Law Offices of Joe Bornstein reminding you to stay safe and arrive alive.