1. The Campaign to Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol, which backs a bill that would allow adults 21 plus to possess marijuana in Maine, said that it had collected over 100,000 signatures in its quest to become the first East Coast state to legalize pot for recreational use. They only need 61,123 valid signatures to qualify to be voted on in the November ballot.
2. The Iowa caucuses begin today. Voters begin caucusing all over Iowa at 7 p.m.
3. Russell Wilson threw 3 first half touchdown passes to lead Team Irvin to a 49-27 victory over Team Rice in the Pro Bowl last night! The big game will be on Sunday at 6:30pm at Levi’s Stadium in California.
4. Today is Dump Your Significant Jerk. This day encourages you to make the decision to move forward with your life and find somebody who’s a bit nicer, better and less jerky.
5. The Hot 104.7 #HotShow was lit last night! Chainsmoker and Maine native Drew Taggert performed for a crowd of friends and family. Check out our Snap Chat at username Hot1047maine to see what went down! Photos and video will be up soon!