1. Last night in South Portland, an SUV hit a utility pole, causing 3,000 homes in South Portland, Cape Elizabeth and Portland to be without power for several hours. The pole was hit near Cottage Road and Highland Ave. around 7:45pm. The driver was not injured, but has been charged with an OUI.
2. Krispy Kreme Doughnuts announced they have signed a development agreement to open three shops in Maine over the next several years. Their Vice President said, “The demand for Krispy Kreme doughnuts and coffee continues to grow throughout New England, so we are very happy to bring this iconic brand to New Hampshire and Maine.”
3. Maine gas prices continue to decline! The statewide average of retail gasoline prices declined another 5.9 cents per gallon over the past week to $1.79 per gallon. This week’s prices are 21.9 cents lower than prices just one month ago.
4. The shouting match continues in the Republican presidential race and escalated further in South Carolina when Trump called Cruz, a “liar,” “nuts” and “an unstable person.” Meanwhile, Cruz questioned Trump’s conservative credentials and if he has the appropriate disposition to hold office. Cruz also said that Rubio and Trump “simply scream ‘Liar, liar!'” when their records are put under scrutiny.
5. Today is Do a Grouch a Favor Day! Make the world a better place by doing something nice for a grouchy, grumpy person.
…and you should also know that it’s tax season! 5 Things You Need To Know is made Hot in Maine by Liberty Tax on Main Street in Sanford! Call Joanna today at 805-6400!