1. Wayfair, an online home furnishings retailer, plans to bring nearly 1,000 full-time jobs to Maine by opening customer service and sales operations in Bangor and Brunswick. The company is headquartered in Boston. They one of the world’s largest online retailers of home furnishings and decor.
2. Donald Trump is now battling with the Pope. When Pope Francis was asked about Trump, he said, “A person who thinks only about building walls, wherever they may be, and not building bridges, is not Christian.” Trump responded, “For a religious leader to question a person’s faith is disgraceful. If and when the Vatican is attacked by ISIS, which as everyone knows is ISIS’ ultimate trophy, I can promise you that the Pope would have only wished and prayed that Donald Trump would have been president because this would not have happened.”
3. President Obama announced on Twitter yesterday that he’ll be traveling to Cuba in his ongoing effort to restore friendly relations between them and the U.S.. The visit will make him the first sitting U.S. president to visit Cuba in 90 years.
4. After being urged by Mayors and Police Chiefs from across the state, lawmakers in Maine are considering a proposal to create a program that aims to place low-level drug offenders in treatment and support programs rather than a jail cell. The legislation is seeking $2 million for 8 pilot projects in communities around the state.
5. Today is National Caregivers Day! This day is dedicated to the health care professionals that serve those who require long-term or hospice care.
…and you should also know that it’s tax season! 5 Things You Need To Know is made Hot in Maine by Liberty Tax on Main Street in Sanford! Call Joanna today at 805-6400!