1. Governor Paul LePage wrote his State of the State address in a letter to legislators. Besides referring to legislators as “socialists” multiple times, he speaks on his goals which include reforming welfare, lowering the income tax and energy costs, reducing student loan debt and fighting the drug crisis. Read the whole address here!
2. The New Hampshire primary is being held today. Currently in the polls, Trump is in the lead for Republicans and Sanders is in the lead for Democrats. You can follow the polls here!
3. Senator King announced Maine will be receiving $640,000 in federal funding to help strengthen our economy. Part of the funding will go toward building a Natural Resource Business Seed Capital Fund to help rural business development. The remainder of the funding will go toward the Top Gun Program, which finds entrepreneurs and sets them up with mentors who help them establish their products.
4. Today is National Pizza Day! This day is best celebrated by grabbing a slice of cheesy pizza!
5. Many delays today due to the snow, including Acton, Biddeford, Cheverus, Saco, and Sanford. You can see a full list of delays and closings here!
…and you should also know that it’s tax season! 5 Things You Need To Know is made Hot in Maine by Liberty Tax on Main Street in Sanford! Call Joanna today at 805-6400!