1. Donald Trump is still allowed in Britain! During a 3 hour debate yesterday, legislators from Britain’s main parties called Trump an attention-seeker and a fool. Many, though, argued that he should not be banned. Parliament took up the issue after half a million people signed a petition to have him excluded from the country.
2. Trader Joe’s is recalling bags of raw cashews sold in Maine because of concerns about salmonella contamination. They say consumers should throw away or return cashews if they match a particular “best before” date. Check here to make sure you don’t have any contaminated nuts!
3. Gas prices hit an almost ten-year low yesterday, with the state average at $1.98. That is 17 cents lower than the same time last year! The lowest price in the state was $1.78 in Newport, while the average price in Portland and Bangor was $1.89.
4. Celebrities, such as Jada Pinkett Smith and Spike Lee, have announced that they’re boycotting this year’s Oscars after the Academy failed to nominate a single black actor or actress for the second year in a row. Jada said “I will not be at the Academy Awards and I won’t be watching. The Academy has the right to acknowledge whomever they choose and invite whomever they choose. Begging for acknowledgement or even asking for it diminishes dignity.”
5. Today is Popcorn Day! This day is meant to celebrate all the different ways that popcorn can be used or enjoyed. Today is the day to add some popcorn to your Netflix and chill routine!