1. The shooters who killed 14 in California had stockpiled bullets and bombs in their home. Officials say that Syed Farook and Tashfeen Malik could have killed hundreds, and that Farook had contacted Islamic extremists online.
2. The fire in Old Orchard Beach Wednesday night that damaged a vacant building on Old Orchard Street, was intentionally set according to investigators. (Ya know, arson)
3. A new study shows that Mainers work more than any other state. When it comes to work, Mainers spent an average of 4.05 hours a day on activities related to making money. Now, you’re probably thinking, “Wait a minute — I work 10 hours a day!” But this survey includes people who don’t work, which drives the number down.
4. The number of Maine pedestrians killed by motor vehicles is the highest since 2005. So far, 16 pedestrians have been killed by motor vehicles this year, according to the Maine Department of Public Safety.
5. Today is National Cookie Day… as if you needed an excuse to eat a cookie. But if you did, here ya go. It’s also National Bartender Appreciation Day. Give a big thank you to your hardworking local bartenders who so frequently provide you with that liquid luxury!