1. Donald Trump and Ben Carson now lead the pack in Republican Presidential candidates as Carly Fiorina falters, who fell from 15% to 4%, while Trump sits at 27% and Carson at 22%. Meanwhile, it seems more and more likely that current VP Joe Biden will enter the race yet.
2. Maine’s high school graduation rate above national average. The state ranks 16th in the nation and is one of 36 that saw increases in the overall graduation rate. Good job, kids! Study hard!
3. A number of controversial election signs in Lewiston were taken down Monday evening after the signs failed to meet regulations set forth by the Maine Ethics Commission. The signs read: “Don’t vote for Ho Chi Chin. Vote for more jobs, not more welfare.” Well-known Lewiston landlord Joe Dunne is responsible for the signs, of whom he is referring to mayoral candidate Ben Chin. He does not think the signs are racist.
4. Did you miss El Rayo Mexican Restaurant in Portland? It’s York Street location in Portland closed in September… some good news though. A new location will open on Free Street next Spring!
5. So are there aliens out there or what!? Scientists are still uncertain about what is causing this dimming light from a star about 1,500 light years from Earth. They are using a new system to detect if whatever is out there is emitting radio waves. Where is David Duchovny or Matthew McConaughey when you need them!?