1. Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg announced the birth of his baby girl Max on Tuesday by penning a letter to her in which he vows to give away 99 percent of his Facebook shares (currently worth $45 billion) to a charity-minded foundation set up in his and his wife’s names. Zuckerberg explained that his and wife Priscilla Chan’s’s foundation will focus on “personalized learning, curing disease, connecting people, and building strong communities.” “Your mother and I don’t yet have the words to describe the hope you give us for the future,” Zuckerberg wrote. “You’ve already given us a reason to reflect on the world we hope you live in.” Despite giving away his shares, Zuckerberg will retain majority voting rights in Facebook.
2. York County Sheriff William King said a 19-year old girl has been arrested and faces many charges after stealing the Angry Orchard beer truck and crashing it into a barn in Limerick.
3. Pitcher David Price is officially leaving the Toronto Blue Jays after agreeing to a seven-year, $217 million deal with the Red Sox. According to The Boston Globe, Price’s deal with the Sox is pending a physical and includes the condition that the five-time All-Star can opt out after the 2018 season if he chooses to do so. Meanwhile, ESPN reports that the $31 million average annual value of the contract is the most ever for a pitcher and matches that of Detroit Tigers slugger Miguel Cabrera. Prior to Price’s deal, the most the Red Sox had paid a pitcher was the four-year, $82.5 million extension signed by Rick Porcello in April.
4. Apple cultivates a unique kind of rumor mill, one that often gets fixated on an idea and just keeps bringing it up year after year. Because eventually, it’s bound to be right…right? That’s the case with a new rumor suggesting Apple’s going to ditch the trusty 3.5mm headphone jack on the iPhone. But unlike past speculation, this time it has a little more weight behind it.
5. If you had the chance, would you live to be 120?? A study shows that the drug Metformin, used to treat Type 2 diabetes, could possibly extend the human lifespan and prevent diseases associated with aging, such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.