1. On Friday, the FDA and CDC lifted the pause on use of the Johnson & Johnson Covid-19 vaccine. (INSTAGRAM)
2. The U.S. tops 32 million covid-19 cases with more than 572,000 related deaths. The Maine CDC reported no new deaths and 164 new cases on Sunday keeping Maine’s death toll at 772 with 122 Mainers currently hospitalized. More than 35% of Mainers have received their final dose of a covid vaccine. (WMTW)
3. Drop-in appointments are available for the J&J vaccine at the Biddeford High School clinic from 8:30AM to 3:30PM through Wednesday. (WMTW)
4. Portland Press Herald has launched a Portland Restaurant Database that allows readers to find out the current status of their favorite restaurant. Search by takeout only, outdoor dining only, indoor dining, temporarily closed or permanently closed. (PRESS HERALD)
5. Cape Elizabeth native, Erik Messerchmidt, took home the Oscar for cinematography Sunday night for his work on the film “Mank.” It was Erik’s first nomination from The Academy. (PRESS HERALD)
Made Hot in Maine by Maine Hardware! Going out on the water this summer? Get your marine supplies at Maine Hardware, in store or online at www.mainehardware.com! Open 7 days, 274 St. John St. Portland!