Hot 104.7 FM, WHTP, owned and operated by Mainestream Media, LLC, is running a contest during the following dates, for the following prizes, as further described below.
Dates of Contest: November 4, 2019 through December 6, 2019.
Prizes: Up to five (5) prizes will be awarded, one per week, each consisting of a check valued at one thousand ($1,000) dollars (“Prize”). Value of each Prize – $1,000.
How To Win: On weekdays, beginning from Monday November 4, 2019, and ending Friday December 6, 2019, sometime between 7am – 8am and again between 5pm – 6pm, Hot 104.7 will give clues first on its radio broadcast and then online at the below listed sites, to help followers and listeners locate the so-called “Hot Radio Maine Secret Santa” in the Hot 104.7 FM listening area. If you locate that week’s Hot 104.7 Secret Santa and ask “Are you the Hot Radio Maine Partner’s Bank Secret Santa?” then you will win the $1,000 check, subject to the potential winner complying with all of these terms, conditions and rules in full.
Contest Specific Rules and Details
a. Clues will not be provided over the phone or in reply to request via text, mail or email.
b. Clues may or may not be repeated a number of times on air or on online at Hot 104.7’s discretion, and will be on one or more of Hot 104.7’s online sites as follows:
Twitter: @Hotradiomaine or https://twitter.com/Hotradiomaine
Instagram: @Hotradiomaine or http://instagram.com/hotradiomaine
c. In order for a contestant to win they must discern the location or identity of the Hot Radio Maine Secret Santa, then approach that individual, and say, (verbatim), “Are you Hot Radio Maine Partner Bank Secret Santa?” If it is the Hot 104.7 Secret Santa, then the contestant will be given a $1,000 check, subject to the potential winner complying with all of these terms, conditions and rules in full.
d. Each winner agrees to accept a check for $1,000 in lieu of cash, even if cash is temporarily provided to the winner by Hot 104.7 for purposes of a photograph.
e. The question has to be asked directly, in person, and in close physical proximity, to the individual the contestant believes to be the Hot 104.7 Secret Santa. If that individual is the Hot 104.7 Secret Santa and has been questioned with an acceptable question listed above, then they will answer “yes”, and that contestant will win the $1,000 check, subject to complying with these terms, conditions and rules in full.
f. In the event that the Hot 104.7 Secret Santa is not indentified, then a winner will not be picked that week. In the event more than one person approaches and correctly questions the Hot 104.7 Secret Santa, then the winner of the $1,000 check will be the person who asks first. If more than one person correctly asks at exactly the same time, then the $1,000 check will be awarded by random drawing. All decisions as to which person has correctly questioned the Hot 104.7 Secret Santa first or which persons have correctly questioned the Hot 104.7 Secret Santa at the same time will be at the absolute discretion of the Hot 104.7 Secret Santa and no correspondence or discussions will be entertained. The Hot 104.7 Secret Santa’s decision is final.
g. No person who approaches and/or questions The Hot 104.7 Secret Santa will be answered truthfully or will win a prize if any of the following apply:
(i) The Hot Radio Maine Secret Santa is traveling in private transport (car or truck);
(ii) The Hot Radio Maine Secret Santa is in a private residence;
(iii) The Hot Radio Maine Secret Santa is in the Hot 104.7 office/studio or its adjacent property;
(iv) The person asking is ineligible to enter.
h. At all times during the contest there will only be one person who has been appointed and nominated by Hot 104.7 as the Hot Radio Maine Secret Santa, but, Hot 104.7 will change that person each week during the 5 week contest period, and may change that person at any time (e.g. on a daily basis), at its discretion.
i. Neither Hot 104.7 nor anyone affiliated with this contest guarantees the safety of participants in this contest. By participating, contestants agree that Hot 104.7, its agents and affiliates will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind suffered by participants as a result in whole or in part, directly or indirectly relating to this contest. Hot 104.7 is not responsible for the negligence of the contestants.
j. The Hot Radio Maine Secret Santa will be easy to access and/or approach. Any participant found by Hot 104.7 to be searching on private land, or using private land to access or gain unfair advantage to the Hot Radio Maine Secret Santa, will be immediately disqualified. Anyone participating in the contest must follow the rules of the contest, as well as the rules and regulations of the locations where they may seek out the Hot Radio Maine Secret Santa.
k. No destruction of private or public property is necessary to find the Hot Radio Maine Secret Santa. No unusual risk-taking is required to locate the Hot Radio Maine Secret Santa.
l. Personal friends and associates of that week’s Hot Radio Maine Secret Santa are ineligible to win that week’s contest. Employees and interns of Hot 104.7, Hot 104.7’s advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and the immediate family of each of the foregoing, as well as employees of all radio stations within a one hundred (100) mile radius of the Hot 104.7 main studio at 89 Mussey Road, Suite 100, Scarborough, Maine 04074, are not eligible to win the contest. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren, in-laws by current or past marriage, adopted family, and wards.
m. Hot 104.7 may at any time during the promotion and in its absolute discretion, terminate or suspend the competition.
n. In addition to these “contest specific rules”, unless otherwise specified herein, all of the “standard rules” governing contests broadcast on Hot 104.7 FM also apply; and such standard rules can be found online at http://hot1047maine.com/blog/contestrules/, or made available in person during normal business hours at the Hot 104.7 studio at 89 Mussey Road, Suite 100, Scarborough, Maine 04074.
Standard Contest Rules That Also Apply
The following are the standard rules governing all contests broadcast on Hot 104.7 FM, WHTP, owned by Mainestream Media, LLC and based in Kennebunkport, Maine, or through its website www.hot1047maine.com and related stream players (all of the foregoing collectively referred to herein as “Hot 104.7”), unless otherwise specified.
- No purchase is necessary to enter any Hot 104.7 contest.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of qualified entries.
- By participating in the contest or accepting or utilizing any prize, you agree to these rules.
- To be eligible to win any prize through Hot 104.7 you must not have won anything through Hot 104.7 in the past thirty (30) days or won any prize through Hot 104.7 valued at six hundred dollars ($600) or more in the past six (6) months. Only one (1) winner per household is permitted within thirty (30) days after a household has a winner. Any prize awarded to an ineligible person will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
- Anytime you call Hot 104.7 you assume that your call will be broadcast or recorded and you grant Hot 104.7 permission to broadcast or webcast the call or record it for later broadcast or webcast and you waive any claims to royalties, rights, compensation, damages or remuneration for such use.
- As a winner of a Hot 104.7 contest your voice, name, likeness, character and/or picture may be used for promotional, broadcast, webcast or Internet purposes and you waive any claims to royalties, rights, compensation, damages or remuneration for such use.
- All winners and prize recipients must sign a release agreement to accept a prize.
- Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. Hot 104.7 reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value for any reason and at its sole discretion. Inability to accept or deliver a prize will result in forfeiture.
- All contest winners are responsible for all taxes on prizes awarded. All winners of a prize valued at six hundred dollars ($600) or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the Hot 104.7 studio prior to claiming any prize. All winners will be sent a 1099-MISC federal tax form if in one (1) calendar year the prize value of all prizes won exceeds six hundred dollars ($600). Any valuation of a prize is based on information provided to Hot 104.7 and shall be determined in Hot 104.7’s discretion.
- If a prize includes travel, lodging, entertainment, special events, an automobile or other transportation, the winner(s) is responsible for all taxes, expenses, tags, title, licensing and registration fees and gratuities not expressly included in and as part of the prize. Winners agree to all blackout periods, space availability requirements, etc., as stated by Hot 104.7 and contest prize partners, which shall include hotels, airlines, train travel, ship/boat travel, etc. Each winner and prize recipient agrees that by traveling in connection with a prize from Hot 104.7 they do so on their own initiative, risk and liability.
- Hot 104.7 does not warrant any of the products, materials, or services that a winner receives. The materials, services or products that a winner receives are provided “as is”.
- In the event the winner is subject to, or the subject of, any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), Hot 104.7’s delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as Hot 104.7 awarding the prize to the winner. Hot 104.7 shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. Hot 104.7 shall not be liable for any claim by any contestant or winner for damages incidental thereto.
- All Hot 104.7 contests are open to all eligible residents of Maine eighteen (18) years or over (unless otherwise specified). Participants and winners must be U.S. residents and use their true, legal name. In the event a contest is open to minors it shall be for minors aged thirteen (13) or older, and a parent or guardian of any participant who is a minor must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize, however, Hot 104.7 reserves the right to refuse a prize to any minor.
- Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant acceptable to Hot 104.7 that will be presented to Hot 104.7 and accepted before the prize is awarded.
- Employees and interns of Hot 104.7, Hot 104.7’s advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and the immediate family of each of the foregoing, as well as employees of all radio stations within a one hundred (100) mile radius of the Hot 104.7 main studio at 89 Mussey Road, Suite 100, Scarborough, Maine 04074, are not eligible to win any contest. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren, in-laws by current or past marriage, adopted family, and wards.
- Winners will be expected to claim all prizes at the Hot 104.7 studio located at 89 Mussey Road, Suite 100, Scarborough, Maine 04074 between 9am – 5pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within thirty (30) days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date or earlier event date on the prize, which will be specifically stated. Unclaimed prizes will be forfeited.
- All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited.
- Hot 104.7 reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in any way, or if Hot 104.7 determines, in its sole discretion, the winner tampered with the entry process, the operation of the contest, or acted in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or interfere in any manner with any aspect of the contest. If a winner cannot be timely contacted by Hot 104.7 or is disqualified for any reason, Hot 104.7 reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion.
- Hot 104.7 assumes no liability for situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. The winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to his/her prize after it has been delivered. Hot 104.7, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, officers, members, employees, agents and immediate family of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest. Contest participants and winners, on their own behalf and on behalf of their heirs, successors, representatives and/or assigns, hereby fully and forever remise, release and discharge Hot 104.7and Hot 104.7’s affiliates, successors, assigns, and their respective directors, members, stockholders, officers, employees and agents of and from any and all claims, demands, agreements, contracts, covenants, actions, suits, causes of action, obligations, controversies, debts, costs, expenses, accounts, damages, judgments, losses and liabilities, of whatsoever kind or nature, in law, equity, or otherwise, whether known or unknown, whether concealed or hidden, which against it or any of it, they have had, may have had or now have, or which any of their heirs, representatives and assigns hereafter can, shall or may have for or by reason of any matter, cause or thing whatsoever, including but not in any respect limiting the generality of the foregoing, any and all claims which or might have asserted relating to the contest.
- All participants and winners indemnify and hold forever harmless Hot 104.7 and each of Hot 104.7’s respective agencies, agents, officers, members, employees, affiliates, and assigns, for any injuries, accidents, misfortunes, losses, damages, or causes of action, arising from or in connection with participation in the contest and/or acceptance or use of any prize.
- Hot 104.7 reserves the right to interrupt, end or modify a contest or promotion at any time (and not award the offered prize) and to amend the rules to any contest at any time, and to do all of the foregoing without additional notice or compensation.
- For any contest requiring phone entry you must use only the following number unless otherwise specified: 207-807-1104.
- Hot 104.7 has the final and indisputable decision as to who is the winner. Any ties, disputes, conflicts, or questions regarding any contest or prize is subject to the sole discretion of Hot 104.7.
- Hot 104.7 shall have no responsibility for contestants’ inability or failure to participate, failure to win or claim any prize based on busy signals, inadvertent disconnection, malfunction or difficulties with telephone, cell phone, texting, email, or Internet access, or any other circumstances in any contest beyond Hot 104.7’s control. Hot 104.7 disclaims all liability for any delays, loss or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. Hot 104.7 is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or failures of any kind.
- If a contest is a call-in to win contest and/or a telephone is needed to participate in the contest, participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment. Participants that enable the “caller ID” block function will not be allowed to participate unless they enter their correct area code and telephone number if prompted or disable the features inhibiting their participation in the contest.
- In the event two (2) individuals with the same name participate, only the individual who is verified by a home address that identically matches the information on the entry drawn or selected by Hot 104.7 shall be the winner.
- The following are specifically related to E-contests and E-Mail Club promotions on Hot 104.7:
a. All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out or you will be disqualified.
b. To win a prize you must reside within the listening area of Hot 104.7 as defined at the exclusive discretion of Hot 104.7.
c. Any problems with the Internet or email are not Hot 104.7’s responsibility.
d. Contestants who register to participate on Hot 104.7’s website may be required to produce a printed copy of proof of registration before being allowed to participate in the contest.
e. Due to the nature of Hot 104.7’s programs that are heard over the Internet, contests may not be heard at all, or may be delayed from the time the contests are heard on the radio broadcast station, and will be running behind the radio broadcast signal. Therefore, when Hot 104.7 contests are played that require a specific caller to telephone the radio station (such as “Caller number 10”), Internet listeners may be at a disadvantage in participating over those listeners who hear the contests through the radio broadcast signal.
- In no event will Hot 104.7 or any sponsors, participating promotional companies or prize providers or their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and related companies, their advertising or promotion agencies or their respective officers, directors, members, employees, representatives, agents, successors and assigns be liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages.
- For the name of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, postmarked by the date that is thirty (30) days after the contest ended to “Hot 104.7 Winner’s List”, at 89 Mussey Road, Suite 100, Scarborough, Maine 04074.
- A copy of these rules are available during normal business hours at the Hot 104.7 studio at 89 Mussey Road, Suite 100, Scarborough, Maine 04074.