BRAINS FOR BANK
The following are the rules governing the “Brains for Bank” contests broadcast on WHTP-FM 104.7FM, owned by Mainestream Media, LLC and based in Kennebunkport, Maine, WHTP-AM 1280AM and WHZP 1400AM and their respective translators on 100.3FM and 102.9FM owned by MaineInvests, LLC and operated from Scarborough, Maine or through its website www.hotradiomaine.com and related stream players (all of the foregoing collectively referred to herein as “Hot Radio Maine”), unless otherwise specified. It is also important to read the General Contest Rules below as well.
Dates of Contest: Weekdays from April 10, 2023 through May 19, 2023
Prizes: Up to sixty (60) prizes will be awarded, at maximum two per day, each consisting of a check valued at a minimum of 100. (“Prize”). Total cash prize possible $6,000.00 Value of each Prize – $100 or greater.
How To Win: On weekdays, beginning from Monday April 10, 2023, and ending Friday May 19, 2023, sometime between 8am – 9:30am and again between 5pm – 6pm, Hot Radio Maine will solicit for a tenth (10th) caller. The tenth caller will be given a trivia question to answer. The caller will have five (5) seconds to answer the question correctly correctly. If the guess is incorrect OR the five second time limit expires you will be deemed to have answered incorrectly and the prize will roll over until the next time the game is played. For example, if the prize of $100 is not awarded the next opportunity will be for $200 continuing in $100 increments. Prizes are awarded subject to the potential winner complying with all of these terms, conditions and rules in full.
Contest Specific Rules and Details
- Brains for Bank questions will not be repeated.
- Hot Radio Maine has, at its discretion, the right to determine if the question was answered correctly or if it was answered before the time has expired. No correspondence or discussions will be entertained and the Hot Radio Maine decision is final.
- Each winner of “Brains for Bank” can only win one time during the duration of the contest.
- Each winner agrees to accept a check in lieu of cash, even if cash is temporarily provided to the winner by Hot Radio Maine for purposes of a photograph.
- In the event that the question is answered incorrectly or the time expires, then a winner will not be picked during that instance of the game play and the subsequent game play will have a prize that increases by $100.
- Personal friends and associates of Hot Radio Maine are ineligible to play the contest. Employees and interns of Hot Radio Maine, Hot Radio Maine’s advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and the immediate family of each of the foregoing, as well as employees of all radio stations within a one hundred (100) mile radius of the Hot Radio Maine main studio at 89 Mussey Road, Suite 100, Scarborough, Maine 04074, are not eligible to win the contest. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren, in-laws by current or past marriage, adopted family, and wards.
- Hot Radio Maine may at any time during the promotion and in its absolute discretion, terminate or suspend the competition.
- In addition to these “contest specific rules”, unless otherwise specified herein, all of the “standard rules” governing contests broadcast on Hot Radio Maine also apply; and such standard rules can be found online at https://hotradiomaine.com/contestrules, or made available in person during normal business hours at the Hot Radio Maine studio at 89 Mussey Road, Suite 100, Scarborough, Maine 04074.
Standard Contest Rules That Also Apply
The following are the standard rules governing all contests broadcast on WHTP-FM 104.7FM, owned by Mainestream Media, LLC and based in Kennebunkport, Maine, WHTP-AM 1280AM and WHZP 1400AM and their respective translators on 100.3FM and 102.9FM owned by MaineInvests, LLC and operated from Scarborough, Maine or through its website www.hotradiomaine.com and related stream players (all of the foregoing collectively referred to herein as “Hot Radio Maine”), unless otherwise specified.
- No purchase is necessary to enter any Hot Radio Maine contest.
- Odds of winning will depend on the number of qualified entries.
- By participating in the contest or accepting or utilizing any prize, you agree to these rules.
- To be eligible to win any prize through Hot Radio Maine you must not have won anything through Hot Radio Maine in the past thirty (30) days or won any prize through Hot Radio Maine valued at six hundred dollars ($600) or more in the past six (6) months. Only one (1) winner per household is permitted within thirty (30) days after a household has a winner. Any prize awarded to an ineligible person will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
- Anytime you call Hot Radio Maine you assume that your call will be broadcast or recorded and you grant Hot Radio Maine permission to broadcast or webcast the call or record it for later broadcast or webcast and you waive any claims to royalties, rights, compensation, damages or remuneration for such use.
- As a winner of a Hot Radio Maine contest your voice, name, likeness, character and/or picture may be used for promotional, broadcast, webcast or Internet purposes and you waive any claims to royalties, rights, compensation, damages or remuneration for such use.
- All winners and prize recipients must sign a release agreement to accept a prize.
- Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. Hot Radio Maine reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value for any reason and at its sole discretion. Inability to accept or deliver a prize will result in forfeiture.
- All contest winners are responsible for all taxes on prizes awarded. All winners of a prize valued at six hundred dollars ($600) or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the Hot Radio Maine studio prior to claiming any prize. All winners will be sent a 1099-MISC federal tax form if in one (1) calendar year the prize value of all prizes won exceeds six hundred dollars ($600). Any valuation of a prize is based on information provided to Hot Radio Maine and shall be determined in Hot Radio Maine’s discretion.
- If a prize includes travel, lodging, entertainment, special events, an automobile or other transportation, the winner(s) is responsible for all taxes, expenses, tags, title, licensing and registration fees and gratuities not expressly included in and as part of the prize. Winners agree to all blackout periods, space availability requirements, etc., as stated by Hot Radio Maine and contest prize partners, which shall include hotels, airlines, train travel, ship/boat travel, etc. Each winner and prize recipient agrees that by traveling in connection with a prize from Hot Radio Maine they do so on their own initiative, risk and liability.
- Hot Radio Maine does not warrant any of the products, materials, or services that a winner receives. The materials, services or products that a winner receives are provided “as is”.
- In the event the winner is subject to, or the subject of, any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), Hot Radio Maine’s delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as Hot Radio Maine awarding the prize to the winner. Hot Radio Maine shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. Hot Radio Maine shall not be liable for any claim by any contestant or winner for damages incidental thereto.
- All Hot Radio Maine contests are open to all eligible residents of Maine or New Hampshire eighteen (18) years or over (unless otherwise specified). Participants and winners must be U.S. residents and use their true, legal name. In the event a contest is open to minors it shall be for minors aged thirteen (13) or older, and a parent or guardian of any participant who is a minor must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize, however, Hot Radio Maine reserves the right to refuse a prize to any minor.
- Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant acceptable to Hot Radio Maine that will be presented to Hot Radio Maine and accepted before the prize is awarded.
- Employees and interns of Hot Radio Maine, Hot Radio Maine’s advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees and the immediate family of each of the foregoing, as well as employees of all radio stations within a one hundred (100) mile radius of the Hot Radio Maine main studio at 89 Mussey Road, Suite 100, Scarborough, Maine 04074, are not eligible to win any contest. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, great-grandparents, grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren, in-laws by current or past marriage, adopted family, and wards.
- Winners will be expected to claim all prizes at the Hot Radio Maine studio located at 89 Mussey Road, Suite 100, Scarborough, Maine 04074 between 9am – 5pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within thirty (30) days of being notified that they are winners, unless there is an expiration date or earlier event date on the prize, which will be specifically stated. Unclaimed prizes will be forfeited. With a completed prize form, Hot Radio Maine reserves the right to mail prizes valued under $600.00 and able to fit into a flat envelope to listeners who won by listening to 1400AM or 102.9FM in the greater Bangor area. Hot Radio Maine is not responsible if the prize is lost, stolen, not received in time of event or undeliverable for ANY reason. Irrespective of which station the contestant was listening to, ALL prizes valued over $600.00 will need to be claimed in person following the claiming procedure above.
- All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited.
- Hot Radio Maine reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in any way, or if Hot Radio Maine determines, in its sole discretion, the winner tampered with the entry process, the operation of the contest, or acted in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or interfere in any manner with any aspect of the contest. If a winner cannot be timely contacted by Hot Radio Maine or is disqualified for any reason, Hot Radio Maine reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion.
- Hot Radio Maine assumes no liability for situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest including without limitation Claims related to contracting or transmitting illnesses (e.g. COVID-19 and other viruses and medical conditions). The winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to his/her prize after it has been delivered. Hot Radio Maine, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, officers, members, employees, agents and immediate family of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest. Contest participants and winners, on their own behalf and on behalf of their heirs, successors, representatives and/or assigns, hereby fully and forever remise, release and discharge Hot Radio Maine and Hot Radio Maine’s affiliates, successors, assigns, and their respective directors, members, stockholders, officers, employees and agents of and from any and all claims, demands, agreements, contracts, covenants, actions, suits, causes of action, obligations, controversies, debts, costs, expenses, accounts, damages, judgments, losses and liabilities, of whatsoever kind or nature, in law, equity, or otherwise, whether known or unknown, whether concealed or hidden, which against it or any of it, they have had, may have had or now have, or which any of their heirs, representatives and assigns hereafter can, shall or may have for or by reason of any matter, cause or thing whatsoever, including but not in any respect limiting the generality of the foregoing, any and all claims which or might have asserted relating to the contest.
- All participants and winners indemnify and hold forever harmless Hot Radio Maine and each of Hot Radio Maine’s respective agencies, agents, officers, members, employees, affiliates, and assigns, for any injuries, accidents, misfortunes, losses, damages, or causes of action, arising from or in connection with participation in the contest and/or acceptance or use of any prize.
- Hot Radio Maine reserves the right to interrupt, end or modify a contest or promotion at any time (and not award the offered prize) and to amend the rules to any contest at any time, and to do all of the foregoing without additional notice or compensation.
- For any contest requiring phone entry you must use only the following number unless otherwise specified: 207-807-1104.
- Hot Radio Maine has the final and indisputable decision as to who is the winner. Any ties, disputes, conflicts, or questions regarding any contest or prize is subject to the sole discretion of Hot Radio Maine.
- Hot Radio Maine shall have no responsibility for contestants’ inability or failure to participate, failure to win or claim any prize based on busy signals, inadvertent disconnection, malfunction or difficulties with telephone, cell phone, texting, email, or Internet access, or any other circumstances in any contest beyond Hot Radio Maine’s control. Hot Radio Maine disclaims all liability for any delays, loss or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. Hot Radio Maine is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or failures of any kind.
- If a contest is a call-in to win contest and/or a telephone is needed to participate in the contest, participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment. Participants that enable the “caller ID” block function will not be allowed to participate unless they enter their correct area code and telephone number if prompted or disable the features inhibiting their participation in the contest.
- In the event two (2) individuals with the same name participate, only the individual who is verified by a home address that identically matches the information on the entry drawn or selected by Hot Radio Maine shall be the winner.
- The following are specifically related to E-contests and E-Mail Club promotions on Hot Radio Maine:
a. All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out or you will be disqualified.
b. To win a prize you must reside within the listening area of Hot Radio Maine as defined at the exclusive discretion of Hot Radio Maine.
c. Any problems with the Internet or email are not Hot Radio Maine’s responsibility.
d. Contestants who register to participate on Hot Radio Maine’s website may be required to produce a printed copy of proof of registration before being allowed to participate in the contest.
e. Due to the nature of Hot Radio Maine’s programs that are heard over the Internet, contests may not be heard at all, or may be delayed from the time the contests are heard on the radio broadcast station, and will be running behind the radio broadcast signal. Therefore, when Hot Radio Maine contests are played that require a specific caller to telephone the radio station (such as “Caller number 10”), Internet listeners may be at a disadvantage in participating over those listeners who hear the contests through the radio broadcast signal.
- In no event will Hot Radio Maine or any sponsors, participating promotional companies or prize providers or their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and related companies, their advertising or promotion agencies or their respective officers, directors, members, employees, representatives, agents, successors and assigns be liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages.
- For the name of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, postmarked by the date that is thirty (30) days after the contest ended to “Hot Radio Maine Winner’s List”, at 89 Mussey Road, Suite 100, Scarborough, Maine 04074.
- A copy of these rules are available during normal business hours at the Hot Radio Maine studio at 89 Mussey Road, Suite 100, Scarborough, Maine 04074.