1. The first of four televised debates between LePage and Gov. Janet Mills is today at a Lewiston forum hosted by Maine Public and the Portland Press Herald. “Absolutely. Are you kidding me?” LePage replied after being asked if he was excited to debate the governor. “I’ll eat her lunch.”
2. The Brunswick Police Department is searching for a suspect after a robbery at M&T Bank on Maine Street. The suspect is described as a thin white man, about 6′ tall, dressed in all black while wearing a red mask.
3. Two cruise ships are scheduled to dock in Portland on Tuesday and a third is expected on Wednesday. That’s 8,000 passengers arriving on Tuesday and another 2,500 on Wednesday.
4. A 15-member committee has been created to conduct the search for the new athletic director at the University of Maine. A decision on the next athletic director will be made in early December.
5. Not only is it Taco Tuesday but it also happens to be National Taco Day! 7-Eleven Rewards members can get 10 mini tacos for just $2. Taco Bell is celebrating with the one-day-only return of its taco subscription service, the Taco Lover’s Pass. For a flat $10 fee, the pass allows you to order one of seven tacos every day for 30 days.