5 Things You Need to Know
1. Thousands of people lost power across the state Sunday after high wind gusts caused damage to power lines and even personal property. (WCSH)
2. Great Falls Construction has plans for a five-story building in Gorham Village, the town center, with a bowling alley on the first floor and about 30 market-rate apartments in the three floors above. The top floor would be partially built out for a wine bar where people could have private parties. Today, the Gorham Planning Board will discuss a contract zone for the property that would address the project’s height and density, which are unprecedented in the town center. (PH)
3. Wrestlemania 32 last night in Texas set a WWE attendance record of 101,763. Roman Reigns defeated Triple H to become the WWE World Heavyweight Champion. (Complex)
4. Villanova and North Carolina will play for the NCAA men’s basketball championship tonight after annihilating Oklahoma and Syracuse, respectively, in Saturday’s semifinals in Houston. (ESPN)
5. It’s National Tell a Lie Day. While honesty is generally the best policy, this day gives you the opportunity to fib your little heart out.
5 Things You Need To Know is Made Hot In Maine by Kaplan University, preparing students for their careers, and connecting you with employers.