1. During his coronavirus press briefing, President Trump wondered why Dr. Anthony Fauci and Dr. Deborah Birx are polling better than he is. “They’re highly thought of but nobody likes me,” he said. Trump was also asked about a doctor in a video clip he retweeted. Dr. Stella Immanuel, has alleged that alien DNA is used in vaccines. She also said gynecological issues are caused by women having sex in their dreams with demons or witches. “I thought her voice was an important voice, but I know nothing about her,” Trump said during the press conference.
2. The U.S. tops 4.3 million coronavirus cases with more than 149,000 deaths. The Maine CDC reported two new coronavirus-related deaths and six new cases on Tuesday. The statewide death toll is now 121 with 398 active cases.
3. Portland Mayor Kate Snyder will hold a listening session this morning about the “sleep-out” protest at city hall. Protesters are mostly interested in action. They said in a written statement Monday that they plan to remain in the plaza until their demands are met. The list of demands includes investing more resources into social services, legalizing camping outside, freezing evictions and creating more low-income housing.
4. Swimmers at Popham and Reid State Park are not allowed beyond waist-deep water until further notice. Swimmers and boaters are being urged to use caution near Bailey Island until further notice. Officials confirmed that 63-year-old Julie Holowach was killed in a great white shark attack on Monday near Harpswell.
5. Major League Baseball has suspended the Miami Marlins’ season after 15 players and two staff members tested positive for coronavirus. The Marlins will have at least seven games to make up before they can potentially resume play after Sunday.
Made Hot by Partners Bank, making banking easier with their vast 24/7 banking options, including mobile wallet, and telephone banking. Member FDIC