1. Some people living at the large homeless encampment below the Casco Bay Bridge in Portland will be forced to move their tents on Monday as a matter of safety. The MaineDOT says when plows clear snow on Casco Bay Bridge it usually spills off the sides and onto the park below where there’s currently an encampment. (WGME)
2. Maine is one of the country’s top places for second home purchases. York County is ranked as one of the top-10 real estate markets in the country and has seen one of the largest increases in second-home purchases, according to data from real estate site Pacaso. (WGME)
3. UMaine men’s hockey went 4-0 in 9 days to bring their record to 10-3-1. Saturday they defeated Bentley in front of a packed house of 6,291 fans at the Cross Insurance Arena. The Black Bears are ranked 8th in the most recent poll. The team is looking forward to the short break that comes with final exams this week. (PH)
4. Over the weekend, Shohei Ohtani agreed to a 10-year / $700 million deal with the Los Angeles Dodgers. Ohtani’s new contract is thought to be the largest professional sports deal ever. Shohei tops the $674 million deal Lionel Messi had with FC Barcelona from 2017 to 2021. In the U.S., the wealthiest contract to date was Patrick Mahomes’ 10-year, $450 million extension with the Kansas City Chiefs. (CNN)
5. Have A Bagel Day – Yes, please!
Made Hot by the Law Offices of Joe Bornstein. Over 25,000 victories for injured Mainers since 1974. 207-CALL-JOE or online at joebornstein.com