1. The National Labor Relations Board has issued a complaint against Starbucks claiming they illegally closed 23 stores, including one in Portland. Employees at the Starbucks on Middle Street certified their union on Oct. 25, 2022. The location was shut down by the end of the year. Starbucks said the Old Port location no longer met their needs. The NLR Board says Starbucks should immediately reopen the store. (WMTW)
2. Amazon, Walmart and Target have all agreed to stop selling water bead toys; the tiny polymer beads that expand 100 times in weight and size when wet. Public officials are calling for a full ban on the toys, which can grow inside a child’s stomach if swallowed and go undetected in x-rays. (CNN)
3. Lost Valley in Auburn is open for the season. The resort which features night skiing says they’ve added 30 percent to their snow making abilities this season. (WGME)
4. Los Angeles’ SoFi Stadium will get its second big game; Super Bowl LXI in 2027. SoFi was home to 2022’s big game, when the Rams defeated the Bengals. ESPN and ABC will simulcast 2027’s Super Bowl. This season’s Super Bowl will be played in Vegas. 2025 is scheduled for New Orleans and 2026 will be played in San Fran’s Levi Stadium. (RW)
5. Ugly Christmas Sweater Day – Wear your most festive ugly Christmas sweater today!
Made Hot by The Law Offices of Joe Bornstein. Injured in an accident? Call Joe today for a free case evaluation. 207-CALL-JOE or online at joebornstein.com