1. Gov. Mills has issued a State of Civil Emergency for 14 counties in the state following Monday’s storm. The declaration means State of Maine resources will be able to assist and support response and recovery efforts. It also will let Maine seek federal disaster relief. (WMTW)
2. Flood evacuations across parts of Lewiston and Auburn were issued. Waterville and Fairfield, and other communities in western Maine, also were being evacuated. 100 state roads were put out of commission, with more than half in Oxford, Franklin, Somerset and Kennebec counties. (PH)
3. As of 6AM more than 200,000 Mainers were still without power. Some CMP customers may be without power for Christmas. Restoration crews are waiting for flood waters to recede in hard-hit counties. (WGME)
4. The Colorado Supreme Court ruled that Donald Trump should be removed from the state’s 2024 primary ballot. The court’s decision points to the 14th Amendment, which blocks candidates from running if they have “engaged in insurrection.” The decision is pending an appeal which could make its way to the U.S. Supreme Court and decide whether other states can remove Trump from the official race. (JN)
5. National Sangria Day – Wine with a punch! The perfect excuse to get with friends for some tasty sangria. Go Caroling Day – Spread the Christmas cheer for all to hear!
Made Hot by The Law Offices of Joe Bornstein. Injured in an accident? Call Joe today for a free case evaluation. 207-CALL-JOE or online at joebornstein.com