1. As of 6AM this morning more than 32,000 CMP customers were still without power as a result of Monday’s storm. Separate from power outages, the state is likely to be rebuilding roads for many weeks to come. Gov. Mills plans to apply for federal disaster relief funds to help cover the costs, which will be substantial. (PH)
2. USM in Gorham’s new license plate reader parking-fee system that assesses costs and sends bills has drawn complaints from those who weren’t aware the system existed. One couple ran up $880 worth of parking penalties between August and November. They found out when they received a notice in the mail Nov. 7 that they were being charged for 16 parking violations. (PH)
3. Several Maine restaurants will be open on Christmas Day including Empire Chinese Kitchen in Portland, Mister Bagel on Forest Ave in Portland, Rosie’s in Portland, Lotus Restaurant in Auburn, Tomaso’s Canteen in Portland, Timber Kitchen and Bar in Bangor, and more. (PH)
4. McDonald’s Squishmallows Happy Meal is set to make its US debut on December 26. Mikey D fans have an opportunity to collect up to twelve Squishmallow characters including a surprise mystery character. (CB)
5. Short Person Day – Salute to all the short kings and queens. Hey, shorty’s get it done. Look at Kevin Hart. He’s killing the game.
Made Hot by the Law Offices of Joe Bornstein. Over 25,000 victories for injured Mainers since 1974. 207-CALL-JOE or online at joebornstein.com