1. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis launched his presidential campaign yesterday with a Twitter announcement that started with tech glitches. Elon Musk said they were due to “straining” servers because so many people were trying to listen to the audio-only event. (WMTW)
2. Target says that after unveiling its Pride collection some employees experienced threats to their “sense of safety and wellbeing.” In response, Target pulled some items and moved others to the back of stores. Included in the collection is a “tuck-friendly,” “extra crotch coverage” swimsuit for transgender people. Some conservatives falsely claimed that the swimsuit was sold in children’s sizes. (JN)
3. A father and daughter were rescued from a burning home in Hallowell on Tuesday by a good samaritan who grabbed a ladder and helped them down off a second story porch. As of yesterday the identity of the hero remained a mystery. (WGME)
4. The Maine Turnpike expects just over 1 million vehicles over the upcoming Memorial Day weekend, a total that would break the record set in 2019. (BDN)
5. The Celtics are back home and facing elimination again against the Miami Heat tonight. Game 5 of the Eastern Conference finals tips off at 8:30pm.
Made Hot by the Law Offices of Joe Bornstein. Over 25,000 victories for injured Mainers since 1974. 207-CALL-JOE or online at joebornstein.com