1. A community is mourning the loss of 50-year-old Gary Phillips of Winterport. His family says he died on Saturday around 9am while driving home from the gym. The Waldo County Sheriff’s Office says a large tree fell on his vehicle and the powerlines. (WGME)
2. As cleanup from Lee continues, CMP said yesterday that most customers should have power back. CMP said 137,215 customers lost power at some point during the storm. Versant said its power outages peaked Saturday afternoon at 36,000. The Down East region was closer to the storm’s path and saw the most damage. (PH)
3. Republican Rep. Lauren Boebert was asked to leave a musical performance of “Beetlejuice” for vaping, singing loudly, and “causing a disturbance.” The 36-year-old lawmaker’s team initially denied the vaping allegations, blaming it on “heavy fog machines” used onstage. Surveillance footage confirmed that she did use a vape in the theater. In the video, Boebert rubs her date’s crotch while he grabs her breast. The mother of four and grandmother of one issued an apology, saying her ongoing divorce and the “excitement” and “anxiety” of being at the musical were factors in her behavior. (JN)
4. Robert Smith of Sanford went missing last Thursday after dropping his wife off at work in Rochester, New Hampshire. On Saturday, residents in Dover, New Hampshire, found Brown trapped in his vehicle in the woods. Brown’s pickup truck slid down an embankment and got stuck. He was reportedly unable to get out of the vehicle. (WGME)
5. It’s National Cheeseburger Day!! What type of cheese do you like on your burger? Who has the best cheeseburger? The double cheeseburger will be on sale for only fifty cents at McDonald’s today through their app. Wendy’s is offering its Junior Bacon Cheeseburger for a penny. You can get the deal by purchasing one item from the Wendy’s app and adding the Junior Bacon Cheeseburger to the order.
Made Hot by The Law Offices of Joe Bornstein. Injured in an accident? Call Joe today for a free case evaluation. 207-CALL-JOE or online at joebornstein.com