1. Former Vice President Joe Biden focused on unity and hope as he accepted the nomination of the Democratic Party Thursday night. “If you entrust me with the presidency, I will draw on the best of us, not the worst,” he promised. (AP)
2. Former U.S. Sen. George Mitchell of Maine has been diagnosed with leukemia. The Waterville native and Bowdoin College graduate will begin treatment Friday at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Boston. (PRESS HERALD)
3. The U.S. tops 5.5 million coronavirus cases with over 174,000 related deaths. The Maine CDC reported 1 new death and 19 new cases on Thursday. Maine’s death toll is 128 w/ 446 active cases. (WMTW)
4. The state gave Big Moose Inn in Millinocket an “imminent health hazard citation” for exceeding the gathering limit. The Inn hosted a wedding reception over the 50 person limit resulting in a coronavirus outbreak of 32 people. (BOSTON)
5. National Senior Citizens Day. Older citizens are celebrated today. Contact the elderly people you know and let them know how much you appreciate their knowledge and experience.
Made Hot by Partners Bank, making banking easier with their vast 24/7 banking options, including mobile wallet, and telephone banking. Member FDIC