1. The CDC says fully vaccinated Americans no longer need masks indoors or outdoors in most cases. CDC Director cited growing evidence of the efficacy of the coronavirus vaccines and notes that they offer protection against more contagious variants. (PRESS HERALD)
2. The U.S. tops 32.8 million covid-19 cases with more than 584,000 related deaths. The Maine CDC reported no new deaths and 295 new cases on Thursday keeping Maine’s death toll at 798 with 118 Mainers hospitalized. 45% of Mainers are fully vaccinated. (WMTW)
3. Gov Mills said that as of May 24, all capacity limits for public indoor venues will be eliminated. Physical distancing requirements will also be eliminated, except where people are eating or drinking and therefore would be removing their face covering. Face coverings must still be worn in public indoor settings. (WMTW)
4. The Portland Sea Dogs announced Thursday that Hadlock Field will return to full capacity beginning with games in June. Masks will no longer be required when outside watching the game. Masks will still need to be worn while indoors in the concourse and restrooms. (WMTW)
5. Hot Radio Maine’s Beach Trip with Erica Banks (Made Hot In Maine by Partners Bank) is June 3rd OUTSIDE on Hampton Beach at Bernie’s Beach Bar featuring DJ Jon with special guests Sydney and Brit Martin. Tickets on sale NOW.
Made Hot in Maine by Maine Hardware! They now carry poultry supplies! Get chicken feed, pine shavings, feeders, and more. Open 7 days a week, 274 St John St in Portland.