1. During a recorded conversation Donald Trump pressured Georgia’s Republican secretary of state to “find” enough votes to overturn Biden’s win in the state, raising the prospect of “criminal offense” if officials did not change the vote count. The former reality TV show host suggested Georgia’s secretary of state locate 11,780 votes, or one more than Joe Biden’s margin of victory. (PRESS HERALD)
2. The U.S. tops 20.6 million Covid-19 cases with over 351,000 deaths. The Maine CDC reported 1 new covid related death and 347 new cases on Sunday. Maine’s death toll is 359. 190 Mainers are currently hospitalized w/ covid-19. (WMTW)
3. Starting Jan. 1, Maine’s minimum wage increased from 12 dollars an hour to 12 dollars and 15 cents an hour. Also on Jan. 1, a new law entitles employees with one hour of paid time off for every 40 hours worked, maxing out at 40 hours a year. (WGME)
4. Maine Sen. Susan Collins was sworn in for her historic fifth term in Washington on Sunday. Collins was the first popularly elected U.S. senator from Maine to win a fifth term. (WGME)
5. The New England Patriots and Cam Newton, will part ways after only one season. According to ESPN’s Adam Shefter “Both sides enjoyed their relationship, but both sides expect that it will take them to a different place and a different direction in 2021 with Cam Newton moving on and the Patriots in search of a new quarterback.” Newton will be a free agent after this season. (BLEACHER REPORT)
Made Hot in Maine by the US Army Recruiting Station. Learn how you can join the team that makes a difference at your local U.S. Army Recruiting Station.