1. Facebook announced that former reality TV show host Donald Trump will remain suspended from its platforms for at least two years, “following his praise for people engaged in violence at the Capitol on January 6.” (IG)
2. The U.S. tops 33.3 million covid-19 cases with more than 597,000 related deaths. The Maine CDC reported no new deaths and 78 new cases on Sunday keeping Maine’s death toll at 839 with 62 Mainers hospitalized. More than 53% of Mainers are fully vaccinated. (WMTW)
3. HEAT ADVISORY for most of Maine today. High temperatures reach around 90 at the coast to mid or some upper 90s inland. High humidity will make it feel even hotter. (WGME)
4. As temperatures are expected to rise into the 90’s early this week, some schools are planning to release students early or hold classes remotely. The Bangor public schools will employ remote learning today. The Bonny Eagle school district in Buxton, Standish, Hollis and Limington is releasing students early today. (NEWS CENTER)
5. Westbrook’s $250,000 Lincoln Street four-season rink is expected to open Thursday. Soccer and hard-court football, called futsal, programs will be offered with skating and hockey in the winter. Time will be allotted for pick-up games, community skates and league play. Lighting will allow for nighttime use. (PRESS HERALD)
Made Hot in Maine by Maine Hardware! Going out on the water this summer? Get your marine supplies at Maine Hardware, in store or online at www.mainehardware.com! Open 7 days, 274 St. John St. Portland!