1. The FDA found that Johnson and Johnson’s single-dose vaccine is 66.1% effective in preventing moderate to severe cases of Covid-19. The vaccine could be granted emergency use authorization as early as this weekend. (INSTAGRAM)
2. The U.S. tops 28.3 million covid-19 cases with more than 505,000 related deaths. The Maine CDC reported seventeen new deaths and 164 new cases on Wednesday bringing Maine’s death toll to 677 with 74 Mainers currently hospitalized. 15 of the 17 deaths occurred between Jan. 26 and Feb. 14, according to officials. (WMTW)
3. Walgreens is now vaccinating eligible Mainers against COVID-19. Northern Light Health still expects to open a mass vaccination site at the Portland Expo Center next Tuesday. (WGME)
4. The University of Southern Maine is building a residence hall for students in Portland. Groundbreaking will take place in just a month. USM President Cummings said. “This would allow us to offer 577 beds on campus for the first time in our history.” (WGME)
5. Split The Seafood Bill Day! Every Thursday until March 11th the Gulf of Maine Research Institute will reimburse 50% of your bill, up to $30 total, at select restaurants. (GMRI)
Made Hot in Maine by Key Ford of York! There’s one more thing you need to know this morning: the best deals are at Key Ford!