1. A home invasion that turned into a standoff with hostages in Livermore Falls ended early this morning. All hostages are safe and only one was treated for minor injuries. It’s believed a student of RSU 73 and a district staff member were involved. A press conference is planned for 11 a.m. with Livermore Falls and Maine State Police. (WMTW)
2. The U.S. tops 29 million covid-19 cases with more than 525,000 related deaths. The Maine CDC reported no new deaths and 132 new cases on Monday keeping Maine’s death toll at 706 with 71 Mainers currently hospitalized. Over 20% of Mainers have received at least the first dose of the Covid-vaccine. (PRESS HERALD)
3. The CDC released new guidance on Monday stating that fully vaccinated people can gather with people from “one other household,” including those who have not received the vaccine unless they are high-risk or live with someone who is. Masks should still be worn in public. (INSTAGRAM)
4. After canceling the entire 2020-21 season due to the pandemic, the Maine Mariners announced they will play this coming season. Their home opener will be October 22 against the Worcester Railers. (NEWS CENTER)
5. Three bakeries in Maine made Food & Wine magazine’s list for “The Best Bagels in America.” – Forage, which has locations in Portland and Lewiston, Scratch Baking Company in South Portland, and Rover Bagel, which returned to Biddeford in January. (WGME)
Made Hot in Maine by Key Ford of York! There’s one more thing you need to know this morning: the best deals are at Key Ford!