1. President Joe Biden on Tuesday issued a proclamation recognizing June as Pride Month. Trump famously refused to issue the presidential proclamation honoring Pride Month, despite it becoming customary under previous presidents. (WGME)
2. Yesterday in New Vineyard a man reported that his vehicle was submerged in a pond and that he and his wife needed medical attention. The woman was pronounced dead by first responders. Police remain on the scene to investigate. (WGME)
3. The U.S. tops 33.2 million covid-19 cases with more than 595,000 related deaths. The Maine CDC reported no new deaths and 39 new cases on Tuesday keeping Maine’s death toll at 825 with 96 Mainers hospitalized. More than 52% of Mainers are fully vaccinated. (WMTW)
4. 4th of July traditions are getting back to normal in Bangor. According to a press release from the Greater Bangor 4th of July Corporation, this year’s events will also celebrate Maine’s bicentennial that was postponed from last year due to the pandemic. (NEWS CENTER)
5. Hot Radio Maine’s Beach Trip with Erica Banks (Made Hot In Maine by Partners Bank) is TOMORROW outside on Hampton Beach at Bernie’s Beach Bar featuring DJ Jon with special guests Sydney and Brit Martin. Just added a special appearance by BIA performing Whole Lotta Money… Tickets on sale NOW
Made Hot in Maine by Maine Hardware! Going out on the water this summer? Get your marine supplies at Maine Hardware, in store or online at www.mainehardware.com! Open 7 days, 274 St. John St. Portland!