1. The U.S. tops 6.6 million coronavirus cases with over 195,000 related deaths. The Maine CDC reported 1 new death and 15 new cases on Tuesday. Maine’s death toll is 137 w/ 501 active cases. Seven deaths have now been linked to the Millinocket wedding reception in August at the Big Moose Inn.
2. Today marks one year since the explosion in Farmington that killed Fire Capt. Michael Bell and seriously injured 6 firefighters and LEAP maintenance manager Larry Lord. A public memorial will be set up on the site of the former LEAP building. The public is invited to drive-by only due to COVID restrictions.
3. President Donald Trump’s son, Eric Trump, will be in New Hampshire and Maine on Thursday. At 1:30 p.m. he’ll visit President Trump’s campaign field office in Portsmouth. Then at 3 p.m. he’ll be at Camp Ellis Pier in Saco for a campaign rally.
4. On November 1, the Maine Public Utilities Commission is ending its emergency moratorium on utility disconnection that was implemented in March due to the coronavirus pandemic. That means utility companies can shut off services as long as they send a 30-day notice with the exception of electric and natural gas utilities during the winter disconnection period.
5. The Daily Meal lists the top 101 pizzas in the country. Coming in at number 90 was Micucci Grocery on the corner of India and Middle streets. And at number 86 was Slab.
Made Hot in Maine by the US Army Recruiting Station. Learn how you can join the team that makes a difference at your local U.S. Army Recruiting Station.