1. The U.S. tops 6 million coronavirus cases with over 184,000 related deaths. The Maine CDC reported no new deaths and 22 new cases on Tuesday. Maine’s death toll is 132 w/ 471 active cases. (WMTW)
2. State officials countered the MPA’s plans for fall high school sports Tuesday in a strongly worded letter that urged the organization to delay the season until safety guidelines can be reviewed further. Concerns were raised with volleyball, the only fall sport played indoors, and football, leaving those sports in jeopardy. (PRESS HERALD)
3. The Maine CDC has issued a warning about a hepatitis A case at the Saco House of Pizza. The CDC says an employee handled food while infectious from August 5 through August 21. Anyone who worked there or ate food from the restaurant between August 18 through August 21 should immediately get a hepatitis A vaccine as there is a 14-day window for effective treatment after a person is exposed. (WGME)
4. The Boston Celtics beat the defending NBA champion Toronto Raptors 102-99 to take a 2-0 series lead. Boston is now 3-0 against the Raptors in the NBA’s restart bubble and 5-1 against them this season. Game 3 is set for Thursday. (ESPN)
5. Starting September 1, Joe Biden-Kamala Harris yard signs are available on the Animal Crossing: New Horizons video game. The Biden-Harris campaign will allow four sign designs for people to download. (THE VERGE)
Made Hot in Maine by the US Army Recruiting Station. Learn how you can join the team that makes a difference at your local U.S. Army Recruiting Station.