1. Donald Trump is leading the race, but Marco Rubio owned the stage in last night’s debate. (WMTW)
2. Maine’s first case of Zika Virus confirmed in Hancock County. Dr. Siiri Bennett, Maine’s state epidemiologist stated “It’s important for the public to understand that the mosquito that transmits the Zika virus is not found in Maine and that your neighbor who has come home from a trip to South America cannot transmit the virus to you.” (BP)
3. Finally, there’s a scientific answer to that magic number of days before a flight when tickets are at their cheapest. Fifty-Four days before takeoff is, on average, when domestic airline tickets are at their absolute lowest price. CheapAir spent the last year analyzing about three million airline trips to come up with that number. (HP)
4. Concord Coach Lines will expand its Portland-to-New York City bus service beginning April 3, just five months after launching the service. Busses will now depart Portland at 6:30am and noon. Return trips from NY will depart at 8:30am and 2pm. Concord said more than 4,000 passengers have traveled to New York from Portland since service began last November. (PH)
5. A complete orbit of the earth around the sun takes exactly 365.2422 days to complete, but the Gregorian calendar uses 365 days. So leap seconds – and years – are added as means of keeping our clocks and calendars in sync w/ the Earth and its season. We have 366 days in 2016. Monday will be February 29th. (Tele)
…and you should also know that it’s tax season! 5 Things You Need To Know is made Hot in Maine by Liberty Tax on Main Street in Sanford! Call Joanna today at 805-6400!