1. Route 302 is open again in Windham after a fire tore through a Domino’s Pizza. No one was injured or hurt in the fire which broke out around 3:30PM Thursday. It’s owner has insurance, plans to rebuild and will allow all of his 20 employees to work at another of his Domino’s locations until the shop is rebuilt. (WCSH)
2. Republican presumptive presidential nominee Donald Trump will hold a rally in Bangor on Wednesday. The Bangor setting is important. While Democrat Hillary Clinton has led two statewide polls since March, Maine is one of two states to split Electoral College votes by congressional district and Trump’s chances are better in the more rural and conservative 2nd District. (BP)
3. Two people exchanged gunfire Sunday outside the Walmart in Augusta, leading to four arrests, police said. Two legally armed bystanders intervened in the shooting. The two ordered two of the suspects to wait for police. Daniel Chavanne, one of the intervening bystanders, said if it wasn’t for them “There would have been at least one body. They would not have stopped if they weren’t stopped.” (WMTW)
4. Today in History… On This Day in 1997 Mike Tyson bites Evander Holyfield’s ear in the third round of their heavyweight rematch.
5. Twitter is introducing #Stickers, a new feature that lets you add tiny drawings or symbols — including silly hats and emoji — to the photos you tweet. (Mashable)
Made Hot in Maine by Shelly Rose Photography!