1. Today is Super Tuesday. Thirteen states vote today in presidential primaries or caucuses. It’s likely that a candidate who performs well on Super Tuesday will go on to secure the nomination. Maine is gearing up for the Democrat and GOP caucuses this weekend. The results from Super Tuesday could play a role in who’s left on the ballot. (What You Need To Know About Super Tuesday)
2. Tom Brady and the New England Patriots have agreed to a two-year contract extension through the 2019 season. There will be four more years of Brady. In 2019 Brady will be 42 years old and just the third player in NFL history to spend at least 20 years with the same franchise. (ESPN)
3. Bag fee and plastic foam ban take effect today in South Portland. There’s no economically feasible way to recycle plastic foam also known as Styrofoam. Customers at local supermarkets and other retailers will have to buy or bring their own reusable shopping bags if they don’t want to pay a 5-cent fee for single-use bags. (PH)
4. Making a Murderer Season 2 has been confirmed. When the first 10-part instalment ended many viewers were still left wondering if Steven Avery was innocent or guilty and now the Netflix series will be back w/ more gritty details. There’s also a rumored blockbuster movie in the works and it looks like Billy Bob Thornton could be the one to play the accused Steven Avery. (M)
5. Today is National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day and World Compliment Day. Pack your PB&J and positive vibes for lunch.
…and you should also know that it’s tax season! 5 Things You Need To Know is made Hot in Maine by Liberty Tax on Main Street in Sanford! Call Joanna today at 805-6400!