1. EgyptAir Flight 804 vanished from radar on its way from Paris to Cairo with 66 people aboard. (CNN)
2. USM’s Osher Map Library in Portland has a copy of the letter Christopher Columbus wrote King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella of Spain in 1493. It is one of only 80 remaining copies of the letter, which chronicles Columbus’ discoveries in the New World. (PH)
3. City officials are investigating two employees who were caught on video throwing trash and recyclables into the same truck during curbside pickups in a downtown neighborhood Wednesday morning. Portland officials insist the practice is neither common nor condoned by the public works department. (PH)
4. People across the country are still talking about the fireball that lit up the sky very early Tuesday morning. Scientists say the meteor entered Earth’s atmosphere over Maine, and exploded near Franklin County. The Maine Mineral and Gem Museum is offering a $20,000 reward for the recovery of any Meteorite. Based on all of the views caught on camera of the fireball, experts believe the meteorite landed around 18 miles west of Rangeley. (WCSH)
5. May Ray Day. This day encourages you to get outside and find a way to soak up some sunshine. Grab a frisbee and some friends and spend an hour in the sun!
And you should also know that Hot Summer 2016 tickets are on sale now! Fat Joe, Ty Dolla $ign, Post Malone, Nikyee Heaton, Kat DeLuna and Dreezy are coming to the Maine State Pier June 4th. Purchase your tickets bit.ly/HotSummer2016