1. Tom Brady and the New England Patriots game plans for September could be determined by the end of the day today. May 23 marks the final day for the Patriots quarterback to file an appeal to his four-game suspension. (WMTW)
2. Southern Maine Community College awarded a record amount of degrees yesterday. At its 69th commencement ceremony, SMCC honored nearly 1,100 graduates at the Cross Insurance Arena in Portland. (WCSH)
3. Public transportation in Greater Portland is poised to modernize and expand. Next week, a real-time ride-tracking service will be released by Metro, the South Portland bus service and Casco Bay Lines. Customers will be able to use their smartphones or computers to monitor pickup times and schedule their travel down to the minute, instead of relying on less reliable printed schedules. Then in mid-June, Metro will launch an express bus service to Yarmouth and Freeport, giving commuters and visitors a way to get in and out of downtown Portland. (PH)
4. Downtown Saco featured a sea of purple as walkers dressed in the color participate in the March for Babies. Purple is the official color for the March for Babies, a walk sponsored by the March of Dimes. Money raised from Sunday’s walk helps programs and research that help prevent premature births and help mothers have healthy pregnancies. Here in Maine, 1,060 babies are born premature annually. (WMTW)
5. Lucky Penny Day. This day is all about celebrating the simple superstition of the lucky penny and doing what you can to make sure some good does in fact come of the coins.
And you should also know that Hot Summer 2016 tickets are on sale now! Fat Joe, Ty Dolla $ign, Post Malone, Nikyee Heaton, Kat DeLuna and Dreezy are coming to the Maine State Pier June 4th. Purchase your tickets now – bit.ly/HotSummer2016.