1. A three car crash near the Standish/Windham line left an eight-year-old child dead and three others injured Saturday. Officials believe icy road conditions contributed to the crash.(NEWS CENTER MAINE)
2. Ian McGinley, Falmouth High and UMaine Graduate who records and produces music under the name Phoniks, is featured in the documentary “Underdogs” which began streaming on Netflix Dec. 15. As part of the filming of “Underdogs,” McGinley made four tours of Europe but he has never played a show here in Maine. (PORTLAND PRESS HERALD)
3. All the Patriots needed to secure a first-round playoff bye was a victory over the 4-11, Miami Dolphins. The Dolphins stunned the Patriots by beating New England 27-24 in Foxboro. The Patriots finished the season with a 12-4 record, and they’ll now be playing on Wild Card Weekend for the first time since 2009. (WGME)
4. Valerie Sneade and Jason Roy were married Friday in front of family, friends and customers buying coffee at the Dunkin’ Donuts on Grafton Street in Worcester. Sneade, who is now taking the name Valerie Roy said “Has anybody been married in Dunkin’ Donuts before? Maybe we’ll start a trend.” (TIME)
5. Hot Radio Maine, we’re closing out the decade and bringing in 2020 at Thompson’s Point. New Year’s Eve Halo At The Point hosted by Ryan Deelon and Hayley w/ DJ Jon providing the music. Get Your Tickets Here – bit.ly/HotRadioNYE
5 Things You Need to Know is made hot by Key Ford of York! You need to know about their employee pricing all this month!