1. A China Eastern Boeing 737-800 with 132 people on board crashed in southern China this morning. There was no immediate word on numbers of dead and injured. China’s President called for an “all-out effort” to be made in the rescue operation.
2. The Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention said 96 patients were hospitalized with COVID-19 on Sunday; of those, 21 were in critical care and seven on ventilators.
3. Hundreds attend a benefit concert for Ukraine at Aura in Portland. ‘An Afternoon for Ukraine’ featured classical music by pianists Natasha Skala of Scarborough and her mother, both native Ukrainians.
4. Josh Ross, might have made the shot of the year! The Thornton Academy junior made a backwards half-court shot during a Unified basketball game that has been viewed nearly 16,000 times on Twitter. Ross, 16, was born with Down syndrome. And he loves to play basketball. He said he spends “hours” practicing his shots.
5. Starting today, The Gulf of Maine Research Institute is kicking off their “Split the Seafood Bill Week.” Throughout the week they’ll be giving away 300 $30 gift cards to participants that take a picture of their receipt at participating restaurants and upload it to their website.
Made Hot in Maine by Goldrushautosales.com! Tejay has great deals on cars and trucks, and he takes trade-ins and buys vehicles, too! Gold Rush for the good life!