1. A sinkhole near Town Fair Tire at Jetport Plaza in South Portland partially swallowed a car Wednesday morning. The sinkhole was likely caused by a water main break, authorities say.
2. Staffing shortages are forcing Casco Bay Lines to reduce their ferry services during the summer. Peaks Island will not be affected, but there will be fewer weekday morning ferry trips to the other five islands.
3. Portland City Council voted to put an initiative on November’s ballot that would increase the minimum wage for hourly workers to $18 an hour within three years. Portland restaurant workers are pushing back on the proposed minimum wage hike saying “As our base wage goes up, tips go down.”
4. CLYNK sites are overflowing w/ demand never seen before in the company’s 17-year history. A few factors are in play including an influx in tourists now just returning to Maine for the first time in years, a workforce shortage and redemption sites closing in parts of the state.
5. TBT – General Mills is reviving Count Chocula, Franken Berry, Boo Berry, and Fruit Brute. The monster cereals first appeared in 1971, and General Mills has brought them back nationwide through the fall.