1. Six suspects have been arrested in connection with the attempted murder of ex Red Sox star David Ortiz. Each of the men received 400,000 Dominican pesos–about $7,800–to kill Ortiz. It’s unclear who ordered the attack and a seventh suspect is still at large. (NY Times)
2. Rob Gronkowski came to Portland Wednesday to support the kids at the Barbara Bush Children’s Hospital. He even spiked a mini-football for the kids, and adults, at the hospital. Wednesday, he presented the hospital with a $25,000 donation. This is the second year in a row Gronk has stopped by with a check. He also had a good time with the kids. (WGME)
3. The St. Louis Blues won their first Stanley Cup title in the 52-year history of the franchise on Wednesday night. The Blues beat the Boston Bruins 4-1 in Game 7. Rookie goaltender Jordan Binnington ended the game with 32 stopped shots. (SI.com)
4. A Taco Bell in Louisiana ran out of hard and soft taco shells, and one irate customer reported the gross miscarriage of justice to the police. In a Facebook post on Monday, the Slidell Police Department agreed that the lack of taco shells was “truly a travesty.” But the offense wasn’t under their jurisdiction. (Huff Post)
5. SUMMER CONCERTS :: Hot 104.7 & SIS Bank Present Hot Beach Bash starring Lil Jon w/ Jay Sean at Bernie’s Beach Bar in Hampton Beach on Saturday, June 15th. Tickets on Sale Now – Hot1047maine.com / ticketweb.com HOT SUMMER 2019 Saturday August 31 Maine Savings Pavilion At Rock Row In Westbrook starring Wiz Khalifa, A Boogie, YK Osiris, Iyla Tickets on Sale Now – Hot1047maine.com / waterfrontconcerts.com or locally at the box office located at Aura – 121 Center Street Portland.
Made Hot In Maine By the US Army. Make a difference in the world around you in the boots of a US Army soldier and gain leadership skills in one of more than 150 career fields. (Go Army)