1. President Trump has announced restrictions on passenger travel from 26 European nations to the U.S. to thwart the spread of the coronavirus. All flights from Europe to the U.S. will be suspended for 30 days starting at 11:59 p.m. ET this coming Friday. He said the restrictions would not apply to the UK. The restrictions also don’t apply to legal permanent residents or immediate family of U.S. citizens. (AP NEWS)
2. The University of Maine System will transition all classes to online instruction for the rest of the spring semester, and ask students living on campus to leave before spring break ends.
(BANGOR DAILY NEWS)
3. The NBA is suspending its season until further notice after Utah Jazz player Rudy Gobert tested positive for the coronavirus. Earlier this week, Gobert made fun of the coronavirus epidemic by touching all the microphones at a press Q&A. The NCAA men’s and women’s basketball tournaments will be played without fans due to coronavirus fears. (ESPN)
4. Chick-fil-A announced Wednesday that they plan to start selling their signature and Polynesian sauces in grocery stores. The chain will start selling in Florida Publix, Target, Walmart and Winn-Dixie stores. (CNN)
5. Hot 1047 is now Hot Radio Maine. In addition to the new branding and broadcasting to southern Maine on 104.7, we can now be heard on 100.3 FM in Lewiston/Auburn and Brunswick and 102.9 FM in the Bangor/Brewer metro.