1. One person is dead and about 30 are homeless after an apartment fire at 609 Ocean Street in Portland. The Red Cross used a city bus to take the residents away from the scene, and to a hotel for the night. The Portland fire captain says the cause remains under investigation with the Portland Police Department and State Fire Marshal’s Office. (WGME)
2. A coalition of 16 states including Maine filed a federal lawsuit Monday to block President Trump’s plan to build a border wall without permission from Congress, arguing that the president’s decision to declare a national emergency is unconstitutional. The lawsuit seeks a preliminary injunction that would prevent the president from acting on his emergency declaration while the case plays out in the courts. (PressHerald)
3. Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders announced Tuesday that he is running for president in 2020. “Our campaign is not only about defeating Donald Trump,” the 77-year-old said in an email to supporters. “Our campaign is about transforming our country and creating a government based on the principles of economic, social, racial and environmental justice.” (PressHerald)
4. Maine’s next storm should arrive late Wednesday night and extend into Thursday. The snow arrives between midnight and 4 a.m. Thursday. Totals should remain under a half foot and some mixing is possible south and coast. Another storm should bring snow, mix, and possibly some coastal rain on Sunday. (WGME)
5. A man in Florida was caught on camera last month licking a stranger’s doorbell. The homeowner’s Ring filmed the man running his tongue over the Ring about a half-dozen times. “I’m very glad I made the decision to install the Ring,” the homeowner says. “You never know who may be licking your doorbell!” Last month, another man was caught on camera licking a stranger’s doorbell in Salinas, California, for a whopping three hours. (DailyMail)
Made Hot in Maine by EZ Advocates! Looking to cancel your timeshare? Call 536 6956 to speak w/ a knowledgeable consumer advocate about your timeshare cancellation options.
EMMY® & Murrow Award-winning Chief Producer at WGME | “The Tom Brady of News”, Runner up in the portland phoenix’s best of portland 2018 twitter personality. Cousin to Frank The Barber @Newsprojoe