1. The House Jan. 6 panel is calling a surprise hearing this week to present evidence it says it recently obtained, raising expectations of new bombshells in the sweeping investigation into the Capitol insurrection. The hearing is scheduled for 1 p.m. today.
2. The avian flu is hitting Maine’s costal water birds. The Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife says they’ve received reports of dead and dying birds on Maine’s beaches in the past few weeks. They say do not touch or try to transport the sick birds to any rehab facility as that could further spread the virus.
3. More than four months after she was arrested at a Moscow airport for cannabis possession, a Russian court has set the start date of the criminal trial of U.S. basketball star Brittney Griner for July 1.
4. Spotify has launched a new karaoke feature. Spotify’s latest update includes a Karaoke Mode, which allows users to sing their favorite songs with the lyrics appearing on the screen. In addition to displaying the words, the new feature also gives you a score card and rates your singing.
5. Hot Beach Bash starring Lil Jon is on July 21st at Bernie’s Beach Bar on Hampton Beach. Tickets on sale now – Ticketmaster / HotRadioMaine.Com