1. Today is the biggest day in the primary calendar. 14 states including Maine will vote on Super Tuesday. It has historically been difficult for a candidate who performs poorly on the day to recover. (WGME)
2. While the national focus Tuesday is on the presidential race, in Maine, it’s also on Question 1. The question asks Mainers if they want to reverse the 2019 decision to ban religious and philosophical exemptions for children receiving vaccines. Currently, the only legal exemption allowed is a medical exemption. (WGME)
3. The New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) confirmed the first case of coronavirus in N.H. on Monday morning. Since the person had recently traveled to Italy, health officials do not believe this represents wider spread of community transmission. The death toll for the coronavirus in the United States has risen to six people. (NEWS CENTER MAINE)
4. An Australian couple became the first to have an official KFC wedding. Kate Cann entered herself and partner Harrison into the contest by putting their love story to the tune of “Fresh Prince of Bel Air.” Their wedding came complete with decorations, a KFC wedding cake, personalized chicken buckets, a photo booth and a food truck. (NEWS)
5. Hot 1047 is now Hot Radio Maine. In addition to the new branding and broadcasting to southern Maine on 104.7, we can now be heard on 100.3 FM in Lewiston/Auburn and Brunswick and 102.9 FM in the Bangor/Brewer metro.