1. Actor Luke Perry died Monday at the age of 52, less than a week after suffering a massive stroke at home in Sherman Oaks, California. He was best known for his portrayals of bad boy Dylan McKay on Beverly Hills, 90210 and Fred Andrews on Riverdale. (TMZ)
2. Authorities have charged a Bonny Eagle High School student with terrorizing after he allegedly threatened to harm a student and a police officer. The 17-year-old boy was charged Monday after he was seen on a social media site holding what appeared to be a handgun. Monday’s incident comes just four days after Buxton police charged two 14-year-old students from Bonny Eagle Middle School with terrorizing. (PressHerald)
3. A pilot and four passengers suffered minor injuries when a United Express regional jet slid off a runway during Monday’s snowstorm. Images from the scene showed the jet in deep snow at the Presque Isle Regional Airport. Part of the landing gear was torn away and the nose cone was damaged. (PressHerald)
4. The new old state flag attracted strong support during a legislative public hearing Monday. Proponents said the new design, which features a blue star and an evergreen tree, does a better job of representing Maine. Those who sell flags in Maine said the current state flag is not a hot item. When it comes to the old version they can’t keep up with the demand. The bill will be the subject of a work session by the committee next week before it is voted on. (PressHerald)
5. Fat Tuesday. Also known as Mardi Gras, this day refers to events of the Carnival celebration–beginning on or after the Christian feasts of the Epiphany and culminating on the day before Ash Wednesday.
Made Hot in Maine by EZ Advocates! Looking to cancel your timeshare? Call 536 6956 to speak w/ a knowledgeable consumer advocate about your timeshare cancellation options.