1. A Russian vessel carrying 8,000 tons of a petroleum-derived product was denied a request to dock in Eastport, Maine. The executive director of the Eastport Port Authority said “For a myriad of reasons, it was not in our best interest to entertain the vessel.”
2. U.S. Rep. Jared Golden, announced Tuesday that he has tested positive for COVID-19 with mild symptoms. On Tuesday, 116 were hospitalized for COVID-19 statewide.
3. The deadline for primary challengers has passed. Democratic Governor Janet Mills and Republican Paul LePage, will not have to beat anyone else in their own parties before they face off for the Blaine House. Independent candidates can still qualify.
4. The Senate passed the Sunshine Protection Act by unanimous consent. The bill would still need to pass the House and be signed by President Joe Biden to become law. If signed into law, it would mean no more falling back every year in the fall.
5. Funtown Splashtown USA has announced it will once again be welcoming visitors on Saturday, May 28. The announcement lined up with the reveal of the park’s brand new website.
Made Hot in Maine by Goldrushautosales.com! Tejay has great deals on cars and trucks, and he takes trade-ins and buys vehicles, too! Gold Rush for the good life!